Did you know:
– Google has invested US 5$ in 300, the music-led entertainment venture from former Warner Music Group (WMG) top executive Lyor Cohen?
– Apple intends to impact the photography sector with its acquisition of SnappyCam, a mobile-app capable of converting the iPhone into a rapid-fire camera that takes professional-standard photography?
– The controversial planned merger of France’s Publicis Groupe and the US-based Omnicom Group, already mega ad-agency conglomerates in their own right, looks set to get the go-ahead from regulators worldwide?
– King.com, the popular UK-based social-games developer, famous for the Candy Crush game, is opening a new office in Berlin at the start of this year?
– IsoHunt, the popular peer-to-peer BitTorrent search engine shut down following an anti-piracy lawsuit, is back online after being revived by a new group of operators?
This, and a special focus on the financial valuation of audio-video creativity, in the latest issue of Outside the Box, a MIP Markets-exclusive round-up of recent key developments and disruptions in entertainment and media, including:
• Ads & Marketing
• Books & Print
Click here to download Outside the Box (email required)
This report is the latest issue of a quarterly entertainment trends review developed by MediaTainment Finance, the business journal that covers investments in international media, entertainment and the impact of related digital technologies.