Did you know:
– Amazon.com is injecting cash into full-length movies for theatrical release starting this year?
– Oculus VR, the virtual-reality (VR) tech developer bought by Facebook for US$2bn last year, has appointed former Pixar executives to set up Story Studios, a movie production and innovation lab that produces VR films?
– After buying Twitch, the online live streaming e-sports platform that allows gamers to watch live videos of other gamers in action, Amazon.com wants to offer that captive audience to advertisers by acquiring specialist ad agency GoodGame?
– e-sport has arrived on a UK stock exchange in the form of Gfinity, an ‘eSport operator’?
– The US Supreme Court has been asked to adjudicate and make a decision over the Kimble vs. Marvel Enterprises Inc dispute, centering over the Web Blaster, a Spider Man toy that plaintiff Stephen Kimble invented and patented in 1990?
– The Top 10 highest-earning rock and pop musicians in Forbes’ list amassed US$1.36bn in combined income in 2014?
Find out more in this latest issue of Outside the Box, an entertainment review including a special focus on Stockholm-based Epidemic Sound, the world’s largest and fastest growing production music library available for video creators.
This report is the latest issue of a quarterly entertainment trends review developed by MediaTainment Finance, the business journal that covers investments in international media, entertainment and the impact of related digital technologies.