MIPBlog’s most-read posts in 2011 reveal a number of key trends for 2012 and beyond. Namely:
– Cross-platform creativity is a much sought-after quality today, as demonstrated by the huge interest in the winners of our CC Ventures & Content 360 competitions, respectively for entertainment startups and multiplatform project pitches. Click here to meet the makers of some truly amazing work
– Transmedia has been our star topic in terms of MIPBlog guest posts this year, notably from regular contributors Media City Finland’s Simon Staffans, and beActive Media’s Nuno Bernardo, a pioneer of the domain. Expect more in 2012… and then some!
– Kids content is very much the place to look for innovation right now: be it in the new projects unveiled by Warners’ Sam Register at his MIPJunior keynote (17,000 YouTube views to date); or in groundbreaking initiatives such as kids’ social network Moshi Monsters (photo), lauded here by Aardman Animation’s Miles Bullough, a MIPBlog contributor we’re honoured to have. You can also watch our interview with Moshi Monsters’ Michael Acton Smith here
– Stars at MIP Markets get attention! A no-brainer, of course. But at MIPTV in April, Torchwood’s John Barrowman & Bill Pullman notched up a MIP record: our interview with them is our most-viewed video ever!
– Last but not least, Branded Entertainment remains a hot topic: our awarding the first Brand of the Year Award to American Express confirmed that brands like Amex are now innovative content producers in their own right. One to watch!
In short, an amazing year which we’ve loved sharing with you. Fingers crossed 2012 is as exciting. It’s definitely looking that way… 🙂
MIPBlog’s most-viewed posts of 2011